It’s Recycle Week “Recycling Around The Home” so a good reason to tell you about all the great and green eco-friendly materials we use here at Green Studios – it’s not just in our name you know, it’s at the heart of what we do.
To start with, it’s a myth that being green has to cost heaps more – we always keep our costs competitive and where we can, we’ll supply you with materials that are eco-friendly but with no additional charge. Here are just some of the ways we utilise the highest percentage of recycled and recyclable materials in our market …
- Internal walls are lined with durable Fermacell boards (these are 100% recycled),
- Windows and doors are made using aluminium profiles typically 90% recycled, although 100% are available on request
- Windows and doors and roofing membrane are all fully recyclable
- Foundation systems use 95% less concrete than traditional raft foundations and can be re-used when the building is removed
- Our Eco garden room buildings have been tested and found to be significantly more air-tight than the standards required for dwelling houses – it’s no use having the excellent insulation we have if you then let all the warm air escape!
- Around half of our studios are installed with living green Sedum roofs – excellent at increasing biodiversity.
Here are some examples of the amazing garden buildings that are ‘green’:
For this beautiful garden studio in Hampshire , our client chose a side-by-side”his n hers” offices with the additional benefit of an ‘office toilet’! The open-boarded Cedar (from FSC sustainable sources) softens the look of the building against the gorgeous woodland back-drop.
Our Pod design installed in South London as a home office for a video production company is complete with a lovely green Sedum roof as well as dwelling-house standard insulation and air-tightness. Our client also went for smart-phone controlled LED lighting and heating so the office was ready and good-to-go when he stepped in the door!
And lastly – this lovely garden room shows what’s achievable even in the smallest of gardens. This lovely office in Hitchin, Hertfordshire is a comfortable office for 1, although it does accommodate 2 when both Mr & Mrs Akram are home!
THESE ARE JUST SOME EXAMPLES OF OUR GREEN GARDEN ROOMS. IF YOU’E LIKE TO KNOW MORE, JUST LET US KNOW!
So whether you decide to recycle and re-use a spare room as an office, or need a green garden room to give you that extra space – be mindful of the environment. Call us today for a no-obligation quote – or download our brochure now.
Recycle Week 2015 is run by Recyle Now – bought to you by WRAP – to find out more, just click here.