Now that May is upon us it’s becoming easier to imagine the warmth of the sun on bare skin, the smell of the barbecue and the joy of lazy summer evenings spent entertaining in the garden. After many dreary months of winter, there’s not much longer to wait! It’s never too early to start preparing for the season ahead, so here we have some fabulous outdoor entertaining ideas to help get you started.
Freshen up your garden
Outdoor entertaining spaces can sometimes look a little tired after a long winter of neglect. It’s easy to revive them though, with a little tender loving care. Try these ideas to reinvent your garden for summer:
- Pimp up your patio set. As well as being a comfy place to sit, patio furniture can provide an attractive focal point for your garden. Before your first garden party of the year, be sure to give it a good clean. And to make a big statement, why not add a lick of paint as well? There are loads of on-trend colours now available from your local DIY shop, so you can customise your chairs to match your garden blooms!
- Put up hanging baskets. Now that the risk of frost is almost past, it’s time to get your hanging baskets planted up. Go for colourful arrangements with powerful summer scents to really set the scene in your garden.
- Dine in style. Outdoor entertaining is all about the fine detail. To welcome in the new season, why not invest in some colourful plates and outdoor cutlery? We love the new garden dining range from Habitat.
- Garden lights. As the summer sun slowly sets, give your garden a party vibe with some fairy lights strewn around your fencing.
The ultimate entertainment space for summer
If you’re looking for outdoor entertaining ideas that will really impress your friends and neighbours, why not install a deluxe garden room this summer? The perfect space for outdoor entertaining, a garden room can offer shelter and warmth when summer evenings turn chilly. You could also use it to prepare and store food and drink for your garden party, provide bathroom facilities for guests or even to house a hot tub!
The beauty of a modular garden room is that it’s so quick to build. Pre-fabricated off-site, a Green Studios garden room can take just days to be installed in your garden – so there’s still plenty of time to get it sorted for summer.
Check out some of these outdoor entertaining ideas based on the garden rooms we have built:
- Chill-out area by the pool. This beautiful garden room with adjoining swimming pool provides a relaxing retreat for this family and their guests.
- Extra entertaining space in the garden. If you need extra living and entertaining space to accommodate all your friends and family, a garden room could be the perfect choice.
- Al fresco dining. Love cooking? You can even get a garden room kitchen to make outdoor entertaining even easier!